March 28, 2018
• Wantagh / Vougar (VHW) Freestyle Team Wrestling Tournament May 6, 2018 - New Date
• NBAC Wrestling will be holding a Satelite weighin for the MAWA North Region Qualifier at Middletown High School. All wrestlers must be preregistered through www.wrestlereg.com prior to weighing in. The weigh-ins will be hosted at North Babylon High School from 7 - 9 p.m. on Friday, April 6th. Enter school through North Gym entrance located off Old Deer Park Ave. Questions call Dashanti Seabury 631-741-8706.
March 15, 2018
• Islip Wrestling will also be holding a Satelite weighin for the MAWA East Region Qualifier at Fair Lawn. All wrestlers must be preregistered through www.wrestlereg.com prior to weighing in. The weigh-ins will be hosted at Islip High School from 8 - 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 17th. Enter school through the “W” entrance (south side of the school) any Questions contact KC Beach at 631-365-1061.
March 11, 2018
• Section XI USAW will be hosting a Freestyle/Greco clinic at Copiague HS on Wednesday March 14, 2018 at 7:00 PM. All athletes, coaches and parents are welcome to learn the rules and/or become a USAW referee.
March 10, 2018
• Manhasset Wrestling will be holding a Satelite weighin for the MAWA East Region Qualifier at Fair Lawn. All wrestlers must be preregistered through the www.wrestlereg.com prior to weighing in. The weigh-ins will be hosted at Manhasset High School from 9 - 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 17th. Enter school through back entrance. Questions call Stephon Sair 631-897-7417.
February 5, 2018
• John DeRidder of Carle Place recorded his 150th career win at the D2 qualifiers on Friday
• Jack Ward of Locust Valley recorded his 150th varsity win at the D2 qualifiers on Friday
• Garrett Gibbons of Massapequa recorded his 150th win in the finals of the Massapequa qualifier
January 25, 2018
• The "King of the East" tournament has extended their registration deadling until Thursday January 25th at 10:00PM
• Chris Delisle of Islip earned his 100th victory on January 3rd in the dual vs Rocky Point
January 15, 2018
• Mike Marcy of Holy Trinity recorded his 100th win at Eastern States
• Rafael Lievano of Ward Melville HS earned his 100th career victory at Eastern States
• Francis Finn of Saint John the Baptist has reached his 100th win earlier this month and is now at 106
• Christian Gannone of Eastport-South Manor earned his 100th varsity career win last week
• Joey Evangelista of Port Jefferson won his 100th match this past weekend
• Section 11 Team Ranking as of 1-15-18
January 5, 2018
• Mahopac Youth Tournament January 28, 2018
• Stefan Major of Kings Park earned his 100th career varsity win back in early December and is now at 112
• Matt Campo of Mt. Sinai earned his 100th career varsity win back in on December 22nd and is now at 105
January 1, 2018
• Jake Silverstein, of Hauppauge HS, won his 200th career match in his first match at the Massapequa tournament. He defeated JP Bourgelais from Monsignor Farrell
• Danny Mauriello, of Hauppauge HS, won his 100th career match in the finals against Joe McGuinty from Monroe Woodbury at 138lbs
Looking to collect any
old Section 8 County Wrestling Tournament filled in brackets. Also looking for past NYSPHSAA State Tournament
programs and NCAA Wrestling Championship programs. If you have been
looking to clean out your attic or garage and don't know what to do
with your old programs here is the answer. Mail them to Steve Meehan
117 Dale Dr, Oakdale NY 11769 or drop them off @ 117 Dale Dr, Oakdale
NY 11769 or give me a call and I'll come pick them up if you have
more than a few.
College Wrestling Home Schedule
When you see a ? in the list of teams,
it means the coach has been asked who is in their tournament and
hasn't responded. Events will remain
listed here until individual tournament results are sent to me or dual
results are entered in Trackwrestling and sent.
Duals That Still Need to be Checked for Completeness Sat 01/20/2018 9:00AM Busby Classic Duals at Port Washington (Cop vs PW-B, Coms vs PW-B, GNS vs PW-B)
Sat 01/27/2018 9:00AM South Side Dual Meet Tournament (Clarke, Garden City, South Side, Uniondale)
10:00AM Timmy Collins Memorial Duals at Farmingdale (Bellmore JFK, Bellport, Brentwood, Copiague, Farmingdale, Harborfields, Hewlett, MacArthur, Northport, Walt Whitman)
HS Alumni Nights
Click on the image to see more
Mention you saw the ad on LIWA!
The Long Island Wrestling
Association is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization dedicated to
fostering, promoting and encouraging the sport of amateur wrestling on Long
Island as a means of building character, physical health and well-being,
sportsmanship, self-confidence, self-esteem, and positive attitudes about
dedication, persistence, intensity and hard work among the younger
generation in order to fit them more adequately for their future role in
The Purposes of the Long Island
Wrestling Association, Inc.:
assist young people to compete in the sport of amateur wrestling by
sponsoring tournaments and competitions for wrestlers and clinics for
wrestlers and coaches.
To assist and facilitate the creation,
development and enhancement of youth wrestling programs.
To assist and
facilitate the dissemination of
information about wrestling events and activities to wrestlers, coaches,
parents and fans.
To assist and facilitate the creation of a
travel club to allow wrestlers to attend wrestling camps, clinics,
competitions and tournaments in other geographic areas.
To assist wrestlers in obtaining USA
Wrestling membership cards to allow them to participate in USA Wrestling
To assist and facilitate the creation and
development of work programs, summer and part-time internships with various
Long Island and New York City corporate sponsors.
To assist and facilitate the creation and
development of a foreign student/wrestler exchange program.
To encourage parents and fans to volunteer
their time to assist in the development of youth wrestling programs.
To assist and facilitate the dissemination of
information to the general public about the sport of wrestling.
To enhance and support media coverage of
To assist Long Island wrestlers in attending
the Olympic training camp and in competing on a national and international
To offer membership to the general public in
the Long Island Wrestling Association, Inc. and to collect membership dues
and other contributions from such membership.
To solicit and collect contributions from
individuals, groups, business and social organizations, corporations,
foundations and governmental entities in order to finance the activities of